Friday, February 12, 2010

Best way to get rid of skunk smell on my puppy?

Two days ago my puppy was sprayed by a skunk early in the morning. Since we couldn't go up to a pet store to buy some skunk odor shampoo, my sister found a website listing ingredients to make your own anti skunk smell for dogs. We used it, and it partially worked and gave him another bath later that day, but it's his face that still smells two days later. How can we get rid of it on his face? I'm afraid of using skunk odor shampoo (that we bought later in the day) that close to his eyes because it might hurt him. Thank you!Best way to get rid of skunk smell on my puppy?
I live in the woods and have several labs..and trust me they get sprayed often....I too have tried using tomato sauce and even tried Massingale douches, which the douches work great, however, the best thing I have used that works is soaking them in vinegar water for about 5 minutes. I use 3 cups vinegar to a tub of warm water....for a pup, you probably could use 2 cups to a sink of water....this is the safest, and if it gets in the eyes its not harmful. Best of luck!Best way to get rid of skunk smell on my puppy?
Dont know if it works but i have heard using a douche lol
open a coke and let it go flat and soak him in it
bathe him in white vinegar. just don't get it in his eyes or oup his nose. this should neutralize the odor as well as is possible considering. Maybe shave him down too.
I have always heard tomoto juice, but I think vinegar oculd do the trick as well!
use coke...but make sure its flat.
TOMATOE JUICE
Sorry to tell you but from all my experience ( A LOT) nothing really ever take away the smell. The best thing to do is to just deal with it. You can always try the products at the pet store but not much else.
Your right the tomatoe thing don't work..


go to wal-mart and get a bottle of SELSON BLUE


dandruff shampoo,but that will work . Probably for the puppy just dilute it a little and bathe him in that
Tomato juice and then a good bath! It will wear off quickly though! Been there, done that! Spray off his face with plain water and it will go away eventually. Be careful not to get water up his nose or in his ears!
Just like humans. Give him a bath, but instead of water, use tomato juice. Make sure it doesnt get in his eyes or ears.
tomato sauce
Flat coke.. Open a bottle of coke, let it go flat.. And wash his face with it..
My mom used to say Tomato Juice...I have no idea if that will work! It's good that you didn't panic and hurt his eyes with shampoo! Thank goodness! I would call around to the pet stores and see if they have numbers for dog breeders, kennel owners and rescue groups. Most of these folks will give free advice over the phone!
Douche. Just the plain old vinegar/water mixture...not the ';spring meadow';, ';morning dewdrop'; smelling stuff.
It's ok to wash your dog's face, to protect his eyes, just put a couple of drops of mineral oil in each eye before his bath. Also, I use a washcloth on my dogs' faces, it helps me to avoid their eye area. Pure Pet makes a great deodorizing shampoo, if it's available in your area, and I have heard that the douche recommended by others works, as well.
my grandma says tomato sauce will do the trick

No comments:

Post a Comment