Friday, February 12, 2010

What smell is a skunk's spray comparable to?

Strange question I know - but we don't have skunks in Australia and I have heard that their spray is most debilitating.





Is there any scent that it compares to?What smell is a skunk's spray comparable to?
A fresh direct spray is the most vile smell you have ever smelt. It burns the nostrils, makes you eyes water and you gag and heave. The smell will last strong for days and days. Incense, deodorizers and anything you think of will not erase it. It is at the same time burnt rotten something with an acrid acidy burn the nostril pain. I can not think of anything to compare it to, what is the grossest thing you have ever smelled. It lingers and lingers. I picked up my son and he was afraid a girl would call and he would smell like skunk just from getting in the car with me. A cashier at a register one over from me said 'do you smell skunk' This was after showering and fresh clothes the following day. I was not sprayed, my dog was and got in the house and rubbed all over the couch in a mad frenzy in a matter of seconds. It is brutal and unexplainable. The smell of a dead one on the side of the road has an extremely bad smell that will choke you, but fresh and direct is indescribable. The smell went through the entire house waking up sleeping family members that thought one actually was in the house. WOW.What smell is a skunk's spray comparable to?
i got sprayed by a skunk the night before my senior prom, so from personal experience, i can say that the smell really is really not that 'debilitating'...and it goes away pretty easily (despite what people say about it never going away). Although i cant really think of a way to describe the smell....its definitely obvious when you've been sprayed tho!
Good Ole' Skunk Weed.....the better stuff! ;)
Extremely, EXTREMELY potent stinky WEED. Put's the ';skunk'; in ';Skunk weed.';
Very close up, it smells as strongly chemical as super glue. Diluted, it is a very strong musk odor, like a ferret or polecat. I've heard that you don't have ferrets there either so that probably doesn't help much. They are in the family Mustilade.
A burning tire.
A male ferret (polecat).
I really don't think there is anything comparable, but it is kind of like the smell of a hair perm with a burnt plastic smell thrown in.
Starbucks Coffee








I love it but it really does have a skunky odor when you're at the shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment