Sunday, February 7, 2010

How can I get the smell of Skunk off of my Dog?

My Dog got sprayed by a Skunk and I need a way to get that awful smell off of Her. Does anyone have any Suggestions?How can I get the smell of Skunk off of my Dog?
ohhhh i been there. i used it all, baths twice a day with everything i could think about. i even took her to the vet and got washed. Time sorry to tell you is the only thing. In time it will wear off. But intill then ewwww stinky, and it takes a week or so for that to happen. But you still have to bath them every day.How can I get the smell of Skunk off of my Dog?
You can buy a liquid at WalMart or Academy that hunters use so deer cannot smell them. This works GREAT on any odor. I use it in my dog kennel, and anywhere I do not want odor. It eliminates all odors.
My grooming salon and most others offer a de-skunking package
Buy Better Weed. Don't Blow the smoke at him.
Try vinegar mixed with water as a shampoo mix... that should do the trick
Wash the dog with tomato juice, and tomato paste. I've been told by many people that this gets the smell out of their hair.
myth busters on the discovery channel proved that tomato juice works the best!
I lived in a neighborhood that was infested with skunks so our dogs would always get sprayed.


I used dish soap mixed with baking soda and peroxide and water. That worked very well.


But my neighbors used fabreeze on their dog and it took the smell out immediately. ANd it is non-toxic.


Good luck with your stinky dog. :)


PS I tried the whole tomato juice thing... It does not work.
give her a bath in tomato juice. The smell will be gone
give your dog a bath with tomato juice first then again with a regular pet shampoo!
Tomato Juice kicks the ';skunk-off'; shampoo's butt.


Just make sure to check for bites while you wash them. Rabies runs rampant in the skunk comunity and even if your dog has its shots they can still get infected with all the nasty bacterial from the skunks mouth.
BY BATHING HIM OR HER IN TOMATOE JUICE,THAT SHOULD GET RID OF THAT SMELL.
bathe her in tomato juice
Get a couple of cans of Tomato Juice. Pour it all over her and rub it in. (Keep it away from her eyes) Rinse off with the hose, Then give the dog a regular shampoo and rinse well. This is the only thing I have heard of that is really supposed to work.
Bathe him/her in tomato juice.
There is a commercialy available product to take the stink off your dog and I have heard that bathing them in Tomato Juice also works.
My dog has a thing for skunks and I have found that if you bathe them in vinegar first then the tomato juice it seems to dull the stench but unless you shave them bald this is the best thing I have found
Depending on the size of your dog go to the grocery store and buy lots of tomato juice and bathe your dog in it . The acid in the tomato juice neutralizes the scent of the skunk but your dog will be kind of orange colored for awhile. Good Luck.
At the pet food store their is a product for skunk odor removal. It is made by Nature's Miracle or Simple Solutions....both good products. I once had a dog sprayed and can tell you tomato juice is a waste of time and juice.
Leave him outside til he smells better. The tomato paste does not work. Try to keep him away from skunks.
the same thing happened to my dog. i had to shave his whole body. i took him to the vet and thats what they said id have to do.
yes, Dogs have a thing of his butt what is called anal gland you need to squezz that every 2 weeks and the bad smell it wil be gone...If you dont know how to do it you need to take to the groomer or to the vet, any doctor or tecnichian can do that...











vet assistant for 2 years!!!!!
Tomato Juice is supposed to work.
the vet will usually have something called skunk-off it works better than most
I used to work in a grooming salon for a petstore. They have a special shampoo that works to get rid of the skunk smell. If you have a petstore around that has a grooming salon in it, you can take your dog there. If not then you can call a grooming salon. I would let a professional take care of it instead of spending a lot of money trying to do it yourself.
I hear Tomato juice will do the trick
My dog got sprayed to (a few times) and we just washed him in tomato sauce and then in lemon juice. The smell seemed to go away.
aloft of grooming salons offer de-skunking. but if that is to expensive try this. sounds gross but go but about 4 bottles of women's douche(no fruity smells just the regular) do not get the dog wet before applying the douches to the coat. by getting him wet u will intensify the smell. after u pour the douches on the dog rub into the skin really well and let it dry on the dog it should get rid of most of the smell. concentrate more on the area u think the dog was sprayed

No comments:

Post a Comment