Sunday, February 7, 2010

What is the best way to get rid of a skunk odor?

My german shephard brought one in the tent when we went camping.What is the best way to get rid of a skunk odor?
Tomato juice works well. Good luck.What is the best way to get rid of a skunk odor?
yeah its tomato juice
well since i live in a area where the presence of skunk is quite common, I have heard of a few remedys to skunk spray.





One is Tomato juice. another is vinegar, or even lemon juice which kinda smells like skunk itself. Good luck I hope it works for you. If not you just have to let it wear off.
Sorry curly, we have no skunks here in my country or atleast in the part I live in. What I hear is that the only way you can rid yourself of any offensive odor is to expose the article to the open so that the smell can naturally dissipate. Any deodoriser only masks the smell with a pleasant smell partially.
1 way that relly works is the tomato sauce it relly does work
I have a recipe from the vet...they told me tomato juice was a wives tale.





Skunk Spray Dog Wash





1 quart hydrogen peroxide


1/4 cup baking soda


1 teaspoon dishwashing liquid soap ( Ivory, Palmolive, Dawn)





Mix and pour on dog avoiding eyes. Lather. Let set on dog 10 minutes. Rinse, and repeat as necessary.





I used this on my Westie. Took only 1 application.





Good luck!
umm i heard that tomato juice helps
An old legend was that tomato juice does!


If its not really a real method you could always try air freshner, and removing all skunk infested items outside to air out, or if its all over your house you could try adding those air scenters which you could put in each room of the house. Open all windows too and it should be alright.
Why d'you wanna get rid of MY odor?......hahahah.....


bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment