Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How do I get rid of a skunk under my shed?

I found a skunk in my shed. I think that it is living in a den under it. Any ideas how to get rid of it? (other than SHOOTING and TRAPPING)How do I get rid of a skunk under my shed?
I have not had any experience with skunks, but I have dealt with other wild critters in my yard. I recommend buying a pound or more of MOTH BALLS at the grocery store and toss them all into the area where the little fellow sleeps. He'll find another camping spot very soon!! If you doubt it, YOU try sleeping near a mess of mothballs, and you'll see why!How do I get rid of a skunk under my shed?
make sure he has a way out, if the hose doesn't work, spray ammonia and water mixture on three sides.
Spray it with a hose. Then put chicken wire or something up around the shed so it can't get under it again.
If you spray the skunk, it sprays back.





The trick is to find a smell the skunk does not like.





http://www.critter-repellent.com/skunk/s鈥?/a>





http://www.pestproducts.com/skunks.htm





I ended up using a humane (live) trap. I baited it with a can of tuna. Since the skunk could not get its tail raised, I was able to transport it out into the country.





Most animal control districts will loan you the trap, but will not pick it up with a skunk in it.
They don't like the smell of Irish Spring bar soap. Throw a couple bars under the shed, %26amp; when it goes out, block off all entrances.
Hi, They are night creatures. So your best bet is working at night when it is gone hunting. It is really hard to discourage them. LET ME TELL YOU --WE HAVE BEEN THROUGH this. We finally had to permantly discourage it. The chicken wire is not a great idea as they will just dig under or around it. Been there and tried that ! It was under the concrete patio we have and that was a huge area ! We live on a farm and had offers of lots of ideas but nothing worked. Three days later her litter finally came out --stinky -- They were young enough to get ahold of and move to better spots.


Good luck. L
WOW a skunk, that is so kewl, I did not realise they were real. lol, are they like pests? like rats?

No comments:

Post a Comment