Sunday, February 7, 2010

How can I remove skunk smell from my Coach purse?

It's fabric and leather. We were at the drive in and apparently someone scared a skunk. It was the worse smell I've ever smelt in my life. It's still lingering in the car and in my purse. :( Any help is appreciated!How can I remove skunk smell from my Coach purse?
they won't dry clean it if it has any leather on it, even just the strap- i tried- too afraid of ruining it ( they are).


and not sure about skunk, but i just discovered febreeze antimicrobial- and it works wonders on my dog's odor in stuff- might be worth a shot!How can I remove skunk smell from my Coach purse?
Wipe your purse down thoroughly with White Vinegar, inside and out. (Test a spot first to make sure your purse can tolerate vinegar.)





The Vinegar should do it.





If not...wipe again with Windex.





Vinegar is acid, and Windex is base. Between the two of them, you should neutralize the smell.
sorry but that would have been funny. i would try and find a tag on it. maybe on the inside of the bag. if it doesnt have one maybe call a dry cleaner, cause i know those are expensive bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment