Friday, February 12, 2010

What is the best way to take skunk pee off of your cat?

My cat was sprayed in the chest and on his face and the tomatoe paste isn't working even though we caught it when it was still wet, is there anything else we can use?What is the best way to take skunk pee off of your cat?
http://dan.drydog.com/patsyann/skunk.htm鈥?/a> will help you.


What it says: ';Tomato juice or vinegar is not recommended because it only masks the odor--it doesn't remove the smell.';What is the best way to take skunk pee off of your cat?
It's not skunk urine if your cat was sprayed. Skunks spray from a gland to defend themselves - it's not ';pee';.





Our golden retriever got ';skunked'; last year. I found a product at our feed supply store (TSC) that I've used to de-stink our bucks (goats) for show. I think it was made by either Nature's Remedy or Nature's Miracle and was sold as a skunk treatment. It was about $9 for the bottle and it worked VERY well. It was an enzymatic product that you put on the animal, let it sit, then washed off.





I'd recommend that - I figured any product that could take the smell out of a male goat in rut earned my product endorsement anyway! Just make sure it is safe for cats as well.
Luckily I've never had to do this, but your local pet supply store should have a skunk odor removal shampoo.
  • girls myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment