Friday, February 12, 2010

How do I get rid of a skunk?

A skunk , and I have seen it, has made it's home under the concrete front step of my home. The house is 8 years old and has poured conctrete basement walls. The step that it's under is surrounded below on 3 sides by concrete walls and all but 18'; of the front is the concrete walk way. There is just a small area of dirt on each side of the step and that is where the skunk has burrowed below the step. Can I do anything myself?How do I get rid of a skunk?
check local animal by-laws to make skunks are not on a protected list


while the Skunk is out (check it is not a birth den)


pour concrete into the space or fill with rubble and concrete the opening closed


hope this helpsHow do I get rid of a skunk?
Good old fashion moth balls. The smelly kind, not the newer 'no scent' ones. They hate the smell and will relocate their home somewhere else. Just toss a handfull of them into and around the area that they are making their home, and they will leave. they should be gone by the next day. They are nocturnal for the most part and sleep during the day unless disturbed. Leave the moth balls inside the hole after they leave to prevent them from returning.
i trap them . it is about the only way.
  • girls myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment