Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How do I get rid of the skunk smell on my dog?

My dog was in my yard one night going to the bathroom and came back sprayed by a skunk. How do I get rid of the smell?How do I get rid of the skunk smell on my dog?
I've heard if you bathe him in tomato juice then it will get rid of the smell.How do I get rid of the skunk smell on my dog?
Tomato juice doesn't work! Bathe the animal in a mixture of 1 quart of 3% hydrogen peroxide (from drug store), 1/4 cup of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) and a teaspoon of liquid detergent dawn works best because it helps remove the oil from the skunk spray. After 5 minutes rinse the animal with water. Repeat if necessary. The mixture must be used after mixing and will not work if it is stored for any length of time. DO NOT STORE IN A CLOSED CONTAINER
Tomato Juice. Over and over again. Tomate juice, bath with soap and water. Tomato Juice, bath with soap. If that don't work, take her to the groomers.
Ah, skunks. Everybody's favorite canine cologne. I would suggest the same thing you do with people who get sprayed. Give him a long soaking bath in tomato juice.
Our dogs have gotten sprayed with skunks a few times and we washed them with scented women's douche then with dog shampoo. It sounds ridiculous but it worked.
Give the dog a bath in tomato juice. It might even take more than once.
Give it a bath or take it to the groomers.
vinegar and olive oil
Bath your dog in tomato juice

No comments:

Post a Comment