Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How do you get reed of the smell of skunk?

My poor puppy got spread by a skunk and i know i can get this stuff at the vet to kill the smell but is there any thing eles i can try 1st? any thing besides tomato stuff unless that really works? can any body who this has happened to tell me your storie and what you did so i can know it really works?





ThanksHow do you get reed of the smell of skunk?
The1st time my dog got sprayed, we tried the tomato juice.


It doesn't work well at all.


I asked my vet the next day and got THE proven skunk remedy which works very well!


Mix together:


1 qt. hydrogen peroxide


1/4 cup baking soda


tsp of liquid soap (like dawn )


Bath your pup with that being careful not to get in the eyes


then rinse.


For the next month whenever your pup gets wet you will get a whiff of the skunk again (but thats just the way it is)


Good luck.How do you get reed of the smell of skunk?
Bath him in Tomato Juice. Then rinse really well.
tomato juice works, but it leaves your dog smelling like tomatoes.


but if you use dawn dish washing liquid it works because it is fighting the odors.
When I was volunteering on a Search and Rescue team, one of the dogs got sprayed during a woodland training session. Two days later we met up for training again and you couldn't smell it at all. I asked the handler what he used, and he said he diluted a cup of bleach in a bathtub full of water and washed him with that. Worked amazing, just be sure not to get it in their eyes.





Also know a lot of people swear by the commercial skunk odor remover, and a baking soda/ hydrogen peroxide mixture that you can find all over the internet by searching for ';skunk baking soda recipe.';


Good luck. Tomato juice doesn't work, by the way, but the dog sure enjoys it. ;-)
This is what worked for my dog. Give him a bath with regular shampoo and then poor a bunch of vinegar on him. Let it sit for a few minutes then rinse off and wash with shampoo again and vinegar again. I used white vinegar but my vet told me afterwards that the cider vinegar works better.
A lot of people use tomato juice, I don't like that because it tends to turn your dog red! I have had great success with Scope mouthwash. It really works. All the best;~)
Go to the veterinarian's office and purchase a skunk odor remover product. It is a thick liquid in a squeeze bottle that you rub all over your dogs fur. It will remove most of the odor.

No comments:

Post a Comment