Sunday, February 7, 2010

How can I get skunk smell out of my daughters letterman's jacket?

Our daughter has a letterman's jacket......after wearing it approximately 3 months.....it started smelling like skunk.........at first it doesn't smell.....but after wearing it or when it gets warm.....it reaks........I've noticed it's in the leather....not the wool..........I did spray it down.........no I loaded it down with Frebreeze...............I've tried vinegar water solution.........I spent way to much money for this article of clothing not to be worn. PLEASE HELP!!!!!How can I get skunk smell out of my daughters letterman's jacket?
I would hang it outside for a few days and let it air out. It could be she is around someone who is smoking something. There are things that are smoked that will smell like that.


You might take it and have it drycleaned and see if that helps.


I hope you find a solution.


I would not soak it in anything, these have to be drycleaned.How can I get skunk smell out of my daughters letterman's jacket?
I am sorry but this coat will always have this smell to it where-ever it gets warm or even damp. I would take this coat back where you found it because the fur they used could have very well be skunk because it has been known to be used. they dye it to hide what it is but they will use it and try and pass it off as a different kind of fur.
Did it get sprayed by a skunk? If it did, then skunkoff will help. If the smell isn't from an actual skunk, but just smells like it, dr clean it and if that doesnt work, let it hang in a steamy shower for as long as possible, then wash it.
Tomato juice will get skunk smell out
There is a product called ';Skunk Off' that should be available through your drugstore. Check this out. It should work.
soak it in tomatoe juice then wash it.
Tomato juice! There are also things on the market!
ahhh thats funny....you should try tomato products...those seem to work well for some odd reason..





good luck!
What perfume is she wearing? Some perfume contain musk, which is skunk juice. Might have to change it. using tomato juice will leave a stain you will have to get out but tomato juice works
put it in to-ma-to juice
I've Always been told that the only way to get skunk smell from your skin is tomato juice. you are supposed to bathe in it. Lots and lots of baking soda along with a concentrated cleaning product may help. Lots of baking soda in the laundry with concentrated Lysol. Tomato juice is something that could stain it but it kills the odor and you can wash the coat after. If it's a dark jacket I would give it a try.





Maybe start off spot cleaning with tomato juice (from tomatos) not ketchup. Or,better yet, pour tomatoe juice in the laundry water. Beats nothing. If it works for getting skunk out to the body, its got to work for clothes. So soak it in a tomato juice bath and then wash it the next day. It's worth a try.
use tomato sauce it will get rid of the odor . or you can bury it over night also

No comments:

Post a Comment