Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How do I get the skunk smell off my dog?

My little 7 pound dog got sprayed by a skunk... How do I get the smell off from him... The smell is not in the house but it's on my dog.... I've read a bunch of different things to use but he got sprayed directly in the face. So I'm trying to think of something other than perioxide and vinagar...How do I get the skunk smell off my dog?
Mix about 4 cups of hydrogen peroxide with 4 cups of water, about 1/2 cup of baking soda, and a couple teaspoons of liquid dishwashing detergent. Apply to the dry dog with a sponge (do not spray it just pour over the dog and then use a sponge to get around the face, also you can put mineral oil in the eyes to keep them from getting harmed from the peroxide), let sit for about 15-20 minutes, and then rinse well. You may have to do it a couple of times, but it works much much better than tomato juice. Really all that the tomato juice will do is make the dog smell like skunky ketchup.How do I get the skunk smell off my dog?
Bathe your dog in tomato juice... alot of it
I have heard that tomato juice works. Maybe if you dilute it a bit with water. The other thing is I would think something like vaseline would work, the oil in the vaseline, should get into the hair follicles and help to flush out the scent.


Good luck!
I WORK AT A VET CLINIC...THIS IS THE HONEST TRUTH...WE SELL SKUNK OFF WHICH IS A SHAMPOO FOR THAT PURPOSE...BUT WHAT WE ALWAYS RECOMMEND IS BRAND NAME MASENGILL VINEGAR AND WATER DOUCH....NO JOKING...I HAVE NEVER TRIED IT...HAVE NOT NEEDED TO...BUT THEY SAY IT WORKS WONDERS...AND IT IS CHEAP...GOOD LUCK!
mix a cup of tomato juice and water and baking soda. and give your dog a bath.
yeah tomato juice might work.
a shampoo called the grimanator 3 wash's and the smell will be gone..im a dog groomer iv seen this problem a hundred times-it works to get dead seal smell off to!
i have heard that you can bathe the dog in tomato juice or lemon juice as well. i hope this will help. i believe anything with citrus acid in it naturally will help kill the odor.
  • girls myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment