Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How do I get rid of a skunk home in my yard?

I had a LOT of thick brush and tall grass in my yard. I cut and cleared everything out. There are two different holes (skunk homes) in my yard under where all that stuff was. How can get rid of the skunks without harming them or paying for removal? If I simply cover the holes will that take care of the problem? I also have kids and cats so I want to make sure they dont' try to get revenge ; - )How do I get rid of a skunk home in my yard?
Get some plain, old household ammonia cleaner at the grocery store. Soak some old rags with the ammonia and toss the rags into the holes. The skunks will leave that night. Fill in the holes the next morning.How do I get rid of a skunk home in my yard?
I recently had a problem like this, Though you have a bunch of different circumstances your idea would probably work the best. Just cover the holes. That and if they dont leave, just make sure your kids dont go near it and if they see one just to avoid it. If that doesnt work then you can always just try to gas em out with pepper spray or mace, whatever you think is cheaper.
i called the city manager's office and they brought over a live trap. caught black bastard the first time (he was a mean tom cat). the second time it was set, the skunk was caught and relocated. he never came back.


try calling the dog pound or city manager's office. i hope they can help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment