Friday, February 12, 2010

How can I keep from not smeling like a skunk while washing my skunk sprayed dog?

My dog got sprayed by a skunk last night so I had to leave him outside. I feel bad that he has to sit out there and I want to get him scrubbed off. The only thing is I don't want to smell like a skunk for days afterwards because of it. How can I keep this from happening? Will wearing dish gloves work? Also, will Dawn dishwashing liquid help get the smell off of him? I ask because I have been told the skunk smell is oil based. Thanks in advance!How can I keep from not smeling like a skunk while washing my skunk sprayed dog?
Oh you poor, poor thing!





And poor furry child!





Please DON'T use any household detergents or even your personal shampoo, as they are very harmful for the skin of a dog, which is very different from ours. If you do, he can end up with weeping sores, and eczma which would be terrible.





Just use normal dog shampoo %26amp; conditioner from the supermarket, and maybe invest in a ';dog deodorant'; spray as well.....





good luck, and give a hug to your poor ';stinky pup'; (when he is cleaned up of course... HA!)How can I keep from not smeling like a skunk while washing my skunk sprayed dog?
Rub Mentholatum under your nose. Also works great for hiding the smell of decomposed bodies.
Tomato juice is the best way to get rid of skunk smell from what my friend who had a dog who ';played'; with a skunk. You can use gloves and that should prevent you from getting any of the smell on you, but if you do, then using tomato juice will get it off of you as well. There is also another way that doesn't use tomato juice, but you'll want to be careful around your dogs eyes with it. It is:





1 quart 3% Hydrogen Peroxide


1/4 cup Baking Soda


1 teaspoon liquid soap


Mix in a bucket (it will fizz).


Soak your dog's fur, but be careful not to get any in his eyes.


Use a sponge to clean off his head and around his eyes.


Knead solution into the fur and be sure to get every part of him with it.


Rinse thoroughly.
I had 5 skunks under my house and around the house spray one night while my girls and I were in the house.


Bathe the dog in tomato juice, if he licks it, let him, it will help get it out of his system faster.


It's not a cure, the odor will still linger for some time.


Sunshine is the best odor fighter, worked on our clothes and furniture.


To prevent the dog from provoking the skunk is like asking him to change his personality.


He is trying to keep the skunk away from you and the skunk has his own agenda and a bad attitude as well.


Skunks just do not care if you do not like their smell, you either move or put up with it.
call ur bf.. n ask him t do wht ur doin... SAVED? !! ;)
Any gloves should work fine. Be sure to wear a shirt that you aren't planning to keep. Once you're done cleaning the dog, throw away the shirt and the gloves.
skunk smell is an oil , dawn dishwashing liquid is great, but dont use water, when you use water it will spread all over the dog, Use full strenghth, be careful not to get in his eyes. You can also use vineagar. It cleans everything. If he got sprayed in the face ask vets around your area for something to put in his mouth to kill the smell. Good luck
The best way to get the skunk smell off of your dog is to wash him first with Tomato Sauce. I know it sounds really wierd, but it does work. My dog got sprayed and thats what I was told to do. I washed him first with the tomato sauce (it took almost 4 big cans!) and then I washed him again with his regular shampoo to get the tomato sauce smell off of him. Use gloves so that you don't get the smell on your hands!
I have heard that a good dousing of all involved with Listerine will cut the ';odor oil';. good Luck!
well, i used to have that problem. have you tried using tomato sauce? i know that it sounds weird, but it works. somehow it absorbs the smell. i hope it works.
Use tomatoe juice the acid in the juice will absorb the skunk smell and if you got sprayed you will have to burn your clothes or throw them away they cannot be saved.
you can use vinegar and also tomato paste. They both get rid of the skunk smell. Well, usually they do. In most cases. You can also wait a few days then bathe your dog like you normally would and the smell will be reduced.

No comments:

Post a Comment