Sunday, February 7, 2010

How to get skunk smell out of the house?

Tuesday night a skunk sprtayed outside of my house and the smell came in from the windows. Now EVERYTHING in my house smells of the nasty aminal! We have done everything from putting cinnamon on a baking sheet and just letting it cook to washing the floors with bleach! NOTHING has worked. NObody can get any sleep now. Some please helpHow to get skunk smell out of the house?
Trust me - Febreeze does not work don't waste your money.





Just leave the windows open and let the house air out. It will take a few days but it will go away. If you can wash any curtains because that is probably where the smell is being held and wipe down vinyl blinds with bleach and water. Good luck!How to get skunk smell out of the house?
I am sorry to hear that, you have a problem that will only be gone after some time. I had a skunk spraying out side my house after he got into it with my dogs. Luckily it was winter and everything was closed up. You can try spraying some distilled vinegar around, but that may leave a mark on some items since it is an acid I would spray it in a out of the say spot if you are worried and see how it works on a fabric. I have used tomato juice on the dogs and that cuts it noticeably but there is still an odor. It isn't easy to realize right now for you - But this too shall pass. Good Luck
there's an episode in mythbusters where they tested stuff to remove that odor. all kinds of things and the most effective is this:





Skunk Smell Removal Recipe:





1 quart 3% Hydrogen Peroxide


1/4 cup Baking Soda


1 tbsp Dishwashing Detergent (like Dawn, not dishwasher detergent)
Hi! I sorry to hear that. I found a few websites that explains to you how to remove the skunk and the smell of the animal from your house. Good Luck ^_^
Rubbing alcohol diluted with water in a spray bottle may help remove the smell! Just spray before you go to bed on the soft surfaces of your home and let it dry! I've also heard that vodka works as well...





Good luck
There is a product I once bought at Wal-Mart that is the same stuff they spray in autopsy rooms to kill the odor. It works! But, I can't remember the name. Sorry!
try mixing white vinegar and baking soda and spray in to the return air duct . and spray lightly anything cloth.
have you terid febreez, i'd grab like ten if your house smells that bad, maybe the smell in your front yard will go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment