Sunday, February 7, 2010

Is a skunk a good life long pet to have?

I want a skunk, I heard they're great pets. Can anyone tell me how to care for them, what medical stuff they need to go through, ect?Is a skunk a good life long pet to have?
When I was looking into getting one, I looked up ';Pet Skunk Care'; on Yahoo Search and found a lot of information. There was even a book in my library, which is odd since my library doesn't have books like this usually.





They are just like raccoons in that they can use their fingers and hands to get into things like cabinets and drawers, so you have to babyproof just like you would if you had a baby. Also, they are illegal in some states and, in some instances, counties/parishes in some states (not the entire state). It just depends on where you live.Is a skunk a good life long pet to have?
I highly doubt you can take it to Harvard with you, since you'd have a hard time taking ANY animal to Harvard. If you are living off campus, you'll have to ask the landlord...unless your parents are buying you a house, then you just need to see if they are legal.

Report Abuse



skunks make good pets if you get them early enough, wouldn't get one from the wild though, to much chance of rabies,,just remember even if they are tame they are still a wild animal and can bite. you more or less treat them the same way you do a dog...why don't you get a ferret they are much easier
no they stink not a good dea
all i know is is that they live as long as a cat and they get the same diseases as a cat my great great grandma had one. it was cool
They are pretty good, almost ferret-like in terms of intelligence.
I hear they're good pets..as long as you get their.um..gland taken out. But, I doubt you can take it with you to Harvard unless you live off-campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment