Sunday, February 7, 2010

How do you remove the essence of skunk from everything?

From my dog, my house, my car.How do you remove the essence of skunk from everything?
I had this problem about 2 weeks ago my little dog (6lbs) thinks he is a pitbull..lol got sprayed by a skunk and the smell was everywhere. I called my vet and he told me to use 1 pint hydrogen peroxide 2 tsp baking soda, and 1 tsp liquid soap (any kind) mix well pour on the dog let set for about 15 mins rinse repeat if necessary. For larger dogs double, triple that recipe. For your home and car if you have access to a shampooer I would recommend using that recipe through the machine. I dont think it will fade colors as it didnt my furniture. GLHow do you remove the essence of skunk from everything?
Thank you for choosing my answer as the best. I hope you wrote that recipe down. I have it memorized by heart since my little guy gets sprayed at least twice or more times a year. He thinks he is the alpha male to anything....lol.

Report Abuse



For a dog give them a bath in tomato sauce/juice. And for your home and car remove all bedding in your home clothes and wash them all if you can Same for your car give is a good washing and spray some febreez in the car/house
Tomatoe juice
Tomato juice is supposed to work on people and animals. For your house and car, you would need to find some kind of smell nuetralizing spray like fabreeze or somthing. Not just a coverup spray.
wash with tomato juice
Wash the dog in tomato juice. For the rest most any pet odor neutralizer will work. If it still stinks, spirits of alcohol (local drug store should have this) rubbed in will work but may fade fabrics so test a small hidden spot first!
Try using the new febreeze sprays that are in stores, I used it on the skunk smell myself and was amazed that the smell was completely gone.I swear by it now.
Lemon juice or white viniger is supposed to work
  • php web hosting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment